Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

youth

growing up, my childhood was built on a steady foundation of mac n' cheese and powder puff girls.
i played with building bricks and lincoln logs
and i thought that made me an architect.
without a care in the world, i planned to build a future for myself,
one with a king sized bed completely made out of hershey chocolate and a bicycle that no longer needed training wheels.
but eventually my mom told me to clean up my toys,
and even though i was just trying to bring an order to things,
all it did was make space.
now i'm not sure where my bricks are,
and i know that chocolate makes a mess
and my bike tires are flat.

 

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing and says so much and oh my.

    "i played with building bricks and lincoln logs
    and i thought that made me an architect."
    This line. Same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "But eventually my mom told me to clean up my toys.... all it did was make empty space"
    #stolen so many amazing lines in this one

    ReplyDelete