Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

overlapping souls

i stumbled across my older sisters creative writing journal from when she was back in high school, i found a poem she wrote about me when i was just a sophomore.
thanks sis, i love you and i miss you..

Baby, this poem is for you and that broken heart of yours. This poem is about tears that were shed and brighter days to come. This poem is not about that stupid boy that broke your heart. This poem's about iced tea... and souls. Over lapping souls that just seem to make sense together. This poem is about the only child, with 4 sisters. This poem is about struggles and comfort, because the comfort that you seek will always be here. Sitting by me at a table with 4 legs, 2 chairs, and a gourmet meal. Because this dinner is for us. Sadness, depression, hurt, loneliness, and stupid people are not invited, they never are.
Insecurities will never break us. Age will never break us. School, stupid boys, drama, stress, differences, disagreements, will never break us. Our overlapping souls that is. Now don't get me wrong, those things will come. And I don't know if they're under your bed but they're under mine. And in the closet, and every time I look in the mirror. But you my friend, you are beautiful, your soul is beautiful, and because of your soul overlapping mine, I hope I can soak up some of that beauty, some of that brightness & laughter you shine forth. People who bask in your light will never be the same. And baby, I'm lucky enough to sit on your sun. And I'm forever changed because of you and your soul.


6 comments:

  1. "I'm lucky enough to sit on your sun." #STOLEN

    THIS IS BEAUTIFUL AND HEART WARMING AND THE RELATIONSHIP YOU HAVE WITH YOUR SISTER IS SWEETER THAN SUGAR ITSELF. I love this. I love hearing about how people connect with their families, I think it is magical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "People who bask in your light will never be the same. And baby, I'm lucky enough to sit on your sun." #stolen #stolen #stolen I literally cannot steal this enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutest thing ever. Your parents are lucky to have two children who care about each other like this.

    And that sun line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. "Bloom" by The Paper Kites is playing right now and everything seems to make sense.

      (p.p.s. I'm nothing going to hit PUBLISH on this comment for a few minutes, because that's how much THIS SONG.)

      Delete
  4. This is a beautiful post. The sibling bond between you two is really heartwarming

    ReplyDelete