Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

a true love story

in the midst of hot summer days
there were once fireworks over our heads.
i saw you and i can honestly say
there wasn't a second glance.
nope,
it was not love at first sight.
slowly but surely
you made your way in.
passed brick walls and barbed wire fences,
you got my attention.
with city lights in our eyes,
you brushed dancing strands of hair away from my face
and kissed me.
my lips sang melodies against yours
and your calloused fingers traced fire along my spine.
throughout many other nights,
you replaced my loneliness and gave a home to something
i never knew was missing.
you kissed my scars,
and the spaces between our fingers became inseparable friends.
it was first whispered under timid stars and through hungry lips,
and i didn't say it back.
i don't know if i loved you then or if i was just too scared to say it
but the night i first let you see me cry,
was the night i realized that i did.
as your thumb left imprints on my face while it tried to catch every tear,
i managed to stutter out the same three little words
that haven't left my head since.
you're my serendipity;
i wasn't looking for you,
i wasn't expecting you,
but i am very lucky to have met you.




3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I only hope to one day to find it. But ayyyye wouldn't be the one looking to find it cause like you said you weren't, it's all serendipity right. So pumped to read ur blog btw cuz you've always been ever so talented with words(: yayy

    ReplyDelete
  2. "passed brick walls and barbed wire fences,"

    when love and bricks come together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "and the spaces between our fingers became inseparable friends."
    This line.

    ReplyDelete