Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

strangers

like the phantom of snow in the spring,
they were gone.
people who once held me in their world
and existed in mine.
averting eyes belonging to ones whom i'd considered forever and always.
with no pulse in my voice,
i try to assure myself that i exist.
that the only reason they left,
was because i loved them too much.
it hurts to sleep;
i hate to dream about those who no longer want to live in my reality.
but sometimes it hurts more to hold on
rather than to let go.
i need to realize that it’s okay to drop people out of your life that do you no good.
they leave and i love them more,
but i've learned you can't fix people who want to be broken.





13 comments:

  1. they leave and i love them more

    This was so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, I'm snapping right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't fix people who want to be broken. #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  4. that last line.

    and the third and fourth

    and this was really good

    ReplyDelete
  5. "i need to realize that it’s okay to drop people out of your life that do you no good."


    "but i've learned you can't fix people who want to be broken."


    Both such important and heartbreaking life principles. You'll meet some really really good people in this life, that I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I LOVE those lines too!! And idk if I already said this but I LOVE your music

      Delete
  6. i try to assure myself that i exist.
    that the only reason they left,
    was because i loved them too much. #stolen
    i feel that exact way, and you couldnt have said it any better. this is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. you've caught my eye Dakota Rae, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh I loved this. You'd best believe I'm be drooling over your blog, Dakota Rae.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well shit. This is the most relatable beatiful writing I think I have ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes yes yes yes yes yes double triple yes thank you

    ReplyDelete