Blog Archive

Sunday, April 17, 2016

fashionably late

yeah i know. 
i'm late.
i kinda suck
but this is me.. 
i'm never on time
my priorities are messed up, 
i sleep in,
and maybe eat too much.
i ask so much of others but hardly 
give in return.
i'm selfish,
callous,
and a little self critical.
but this is me.
and i'm real
i'm an open book.
someone who will never wear a facade
just to please you.
i've made mistakes
i make mistakes
i'm not perfect
and no one should be.
but in despite of all my flaws 
i take pride in being me.
i'm lucky,
lucky to be loved 
and lucky to be so passionate about 
caring for other people.
i love those around me
and even the ones who have hurt me.
so yeah, i know i'm late
and i kinda suck
but this is me..

and i wouldn't wanna have it any other way.

Madison Renee Peterson



5 comments:

  1. wassup maddie! the part about messed up priorites, sleep schedule, being callous, I can relate to all that hah. Also solid playlist, I love the cinematic orchestra and M83

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason I just knew it was u!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're strong but I still can beat you in an arm wrestle if you were wondering. Nothing personal, just the way things go I guess.

    ReplyDelete