Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

cobalt blue

to the girl who pulls down the rim of her hat a little lower,
we see you.
that cobalt blue baseball cap is no match for those hazel eyes you hide.
shadows cast over swollen cheeks,
maybe you think that we won't always recognize you.
you are so brave and quiet,
sometimes we forget that you are suffering.
you bury your sadness underneath the surface and wear it like a second skin,
a story behind that mona lisa smile.
we see you.

a poem for the unseen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxDSSd3afTk


 

5 comments:

  1. The very first line caught my attention. "to the girl who pulls down the rim of her hat a little lower, we see you."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be honest
    I am sick of hat posts so when I saw your title I almost just kept scrolling
    but for some reason I didn't and this was really, really good. Especially for a hat post.
    you're a good writer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the repeat of "we see you". Powerful, powerful words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "that cobalt blue baseball cap is no match for those hazel eyes you hide." ugh

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Shadows cast over swollen cheeks" Loved. Was like a dagger to the heart, but with love written on it. If that even makes sense. #stolen

    ReplyDelete